07 Dec Holiday Recipe: Sugar Cookie Truffles
Did you end up with a few extra of your special holiday sugar cookies? Give this recipe a shot to turn those leftovers into a new holiday classic!
- 2 cups (200 g or 12 sugar cookies about 2 1/2 to 3-inches in diameter)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature*
- 2 cups white chocolate for melting (or candy melts)
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Place sugar cookies in a food processor and process until cookies turn into fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process again until well-combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Shape cookies into balls about 1-inch to 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, melt white chocolate according to instructions. (See my tips for melting chocolate .)
- Remove the cookie balls from refrigerator. Using a spoon or two forks, dip and roll chilled cookie balls, one at a time, in coating. Return to lined cookie sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat process for remaining cookie balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*If the sugar cookie truffle dough is not firm enough, add another tablespoon of cream cheese.
Sugar cookie truffles can be frozen up to a month in advance. Roll the dough into balls and layer them between parchments paper in an airtight container. Defrost them in the refrigerator and dip into melted chocolate. Alternatively, the truffles can be frozen before serving at room temperature.
Recipe found on www.ifyougiveabloneakitchen.com